The beef stew is a dish that is often prepared by those who like to eat beef. It’s a dish that can be substantial for the entire family but you simply need to make sure all the grocery items are in store.
There are many beef stew recipes available on the web but my focus was on the one which can be cooked using slow cooker and doesn’t need to stand in front of the stove for hours. Slow cooker has the benefit it lets you do your other activities you don’t have to worry about the high or low stove flame.
Before sharing with you all, the recipe I would like to share some tips for cooking the beef stew properly.
Some tips for cooking the perfect beef stew.
- Make sure the meat is seared. Which means the sides should be turned brown. For that lay them in hot pan and then let them sizzle for five minutes. Once the beef has dark crust over it means you are done with it.
- Another tip is that many of must not be aware of the fact that the particles surrounding the dark crust helps to thicken the beef stew and adds a great flavor. This crust is full of caramelized, roasty and nutty flavors that can make your dish taste amazing.
- The beef meat chunk is a hard muscle and it does take long time to cook it till it turns tender. Don’t rush up too fast otherwise you can end up with under cooked beef recipe. Let it cook slowly for some hours in the slow cooker and then test with the fork if it has turned tender.
You can go through this one Slow cooker Beef Stew . The purpose of sharing link is to take you through the video which can give you better clarity on how the chef is making the beef stew.
Recipe Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 5 hr 30 min
- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. medium potatoes, cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas
- Take a bowl pour boiling water over Knorr® Homestyle Stock stir it till its done keep it aside.
- You can now season beef with black pepper, then coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Then take a medium skillet and then heat oil in it over medium-high heat and brown beef, in two batches, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Now your work is done and is the role played by slow cooker. Put potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in 5-quart slow cooker. Add beef, 3 cups prepared Stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf.
- Later cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 5 hours or till beef turns tender check with fork. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Lastly blend the 2 tablespoons flour with remaining 1/4 cup prepared Stock in small bowl until smooth. This task simply takes 15 minutes of yours then you can stir flour mixture, then peas into slow cooker.
- Increase the flame to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. You are done now.
Along with above tips of making beef stew, it is mandatory to avoid the mistakes that happens while cooking beef stew. Hope you enjoyed this tips of making beef stew.