New Year is knocking at the door and hope you all have planned your parties. Outside weather is freezing our body. So, definitely you would be in a mood to drink something smooth and healthy. In this freezing winter how can we ignore soup which is healthy and definitely a delightful warm up recipe for your family. I have browsed lots of them over the internet and found some delicious and healthy soup recipes. Among them pumpkin soup is best suited in this freezing winter season. Generally we cook this on thanksgiving but pumpkins are still in season and in this cold winter month, pumpkin soup can give you too much comfort for the soul. Apart from winter this can be included in holiday recipe list also.
So, let’s cook at this delicious pumpkin soup recipe.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)*
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup light cream [or half and half]
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
The most important thing about this delicious soup recipe is its ingredient Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon cube. This works as a catalyzer hence raising its taste to a high level. Knorr chicken flavor Bouillon Cube is easily available in your nearest grocery stores. If you don not find then you can find them from Knorr.com store locaters.
Now directions for making this delicious recipe which I have not changed a single step is similar to knorr’s methods.
Direction of Cooking:
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper; heat through.
Follow these simple steps of cooking winter pumpkin soup and serve this warm soup to your family in this body freezing winter.
After going through this great and warm recipe please do not forget to mention your thoughts about the same in below comment box. The whole credit should in fact go to Knorr Kitchen and not to me.
Till then Happy New Year and enjoy your holidays. See You in 2015 with more curated recipes and cooking ideas.